Physical Education/Health Education Accelerated Degree Program
Upon completion of the following programs, students will be able to do the following.
Physical Teacher Education Program
- Physical education candidates demonstrate an understanding of common and specialized content, and scientific and theoretical foundations for the delivery of an effective preK-12 physical education program.
- Physical education candidates are physically literate individuals who can demonstrate skillful performance in physical education content areas and health-enhancing levels of fitness.
- Physical education candidates apply content and foundational knowledge to plan and implement developmentally appropriate learning experiences aligned with local, state and/or SHAPE America's National Standards and Grade-Level Outcomes for K-12 Physical Education through the effective use of resources, accommodations and/or modifications, technology and metacognitive strategies to address the diverse needs of all students.
- Physical education candidates engage students in meaningful learning experiences through effective use of pedagogical skills. They use communication, feedback, technology, and instructional and managerial skills to enhance student learning.
- Physical education candidates select and implement appropriate assessments to monitor students' progress and guide decision making related to instruction and learning.
- Physical education candidates demonstrate behaviors essential to becoming effective professionals. They exhibit professional ethics and culturally competent practices; seek opportunities for continued professional development; and demonstrate knowledge of promotion/advocacy strategies for physical education and expanded physical activity opportunities that support the development of physically literate individuals.
School Health Education MSEd
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Students will be able to demonstrate content knowledge as appropriate for a health educator.
- Students will be able to plan effective comprehensive school health education curricula.
- Students will be able to implement health education instruction and programs.
- Students will be able to assess student learning.
- Students will be able to collaborate, communicate, and advocate professionally and ethically