Family Nurse Practitioner
The Student Learning Outcomes associated with the graduate program are consistent with the AACN/NONPF Masters level competencies and are as follows:
- Demonstrates expertise in the evaluation and implementation of clinical practice guidelines and specialized knowledge as it applies to advance practice nursing.
- Analyzes current data, information, and knowledge from humanities and sciences that contribute to the science of advanced practice nursing to address access to, cost of, quality, and safety of care.
- Applies research outcomes in the practice arena to improve patient care.
- Collaborates with appropriate stakeholders to promote quality, safety, and improved outcomes of individuals and populations within an organization.
- Employs the use of information systems to capture data to deliver and enhance coordinated patient care.
- Demonstrates understanding of the role of the advanced practice nurse to influence policy at the system level to enhance the health of the public.
- Applies and evaluates the impact of ethical principles in complex decision-making processes of caring for patients in the advanced practice role.
- Incorporates inclusion of concepts of psychosocial dimensions, cultural diversity, and global health into advanced practice nursing.
- Develops the skills of an independent, accountable prescriber and full scope of the masters prepared advanced practice nurse.