Women and Gender Studies Minor
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Describe why centering anti-racist and decolonizing work is essential to effective social justice work and feminist thinking.
- Explain how patriarchy and other sex/gender systems of power intersect with other systems of power.
- Theorize ways in which bodies and social identities are culturally and historically constructed and shaped.
- Identify and critically evaluate research and scholarly arguments within the field of Women and Gender Studies.
- Identify and analyze language, media representation, and dominant forms of communication to produce an original argument about how power and privilege operate in society.
- Apply collaborative strategies and knowledge of Women and Gender to imagine and create transformative feminist futures.