Main Page Content
Harassment and Bullying Prevention Certification Training (DASA)
The Dignity for All Students Act (DASA) requires that any student completing a NY State Education preparation program must complete the DASA training to graduate from their education preparation program.
All Brockport teacher, school counselor, and school administrator programs at all levels (undergraduate and graduate) require that a student complete the DASA training.
Students enrolled in these Brockport programs have two options for satisfying this program requirement
Option 1 (simplest and least expensive option for students living near campus)
- The College at Brockport has partnered with the Genesee Valley Educational Partnership (BOCES) to offer this training on campus. Please note: Training is for College at Brockport Students and Alumni only.
- If you complete your DASA training on campus through this partnership, your degree audit (DARS or DegreeWorks) will automatically update to note this training as complete. You do not need to submit your DASA Certification of Completion to Brockport for this option.
- Registration information for the Genesee Valley Educational Partnership (BOCES) DASA Training, including training dates, can be found here: Harassment and Bullying Prevention Certification Training Registration. All questions regarding this specific training must be directed to BOCES.
- If you are meeting this requirement through Option 1 above, PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT YOUR DEPARTMENT.
- Complete the DASA Training through a NY State Approved Provider. All questions regarding these specific trainings must be directed to the approved provider.
- Submit a copy of your DASA Certification of Completion or a legible, readable screen shot from your TEACH account documenting completion to your Brockport Academic Department contact only if you are meeting the requirement through Option 2. Once submitted to your department contact, your degree audit (DARS or DegreeWorks) will be updated to note this training is complete. Please select your department contact from the following list
|Counselor Education||Lisa Mogle||(585) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dance Education||Dr. Juanita Suarez||(585) email@example.com|
|Educational Administration||Robin Schepler||(585) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Education and Human Development||Buffie Edick||(585) email@example.com|
|Health Education||Karen Haight||(585) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Physical Education||Dr. Cathy Houston-Wilson||(585) email@example.com|
*Please note that the Brockport Certification Office cannot provide guidance on specific program/degree requirements. Any questions regarding the DASA Training as a program/degree requirement should be directed to your academic advisor, including degree audit questions. In addition, the Certification Office cannot provide guidance on DASA Training registration. Registration questions must be directed to the provider of that training.