Main Page Content
All students completing NYS certification programs (teacher, school counselor, school administration) at The College at Brockport must complete various workshops. Please see the following links for more information on specific workshops:
- Identifying and Reporting Child Abuse and Maltreatment: Mandated Reporter Training (CAD)
- School Violence Prevention and Intervention Workshop (SAVE)
- Harassment and Bullying Prevention Certification Training (DASA)
- Autism Workshop
If you have completed a specific workshop on your own or have questions, refer to the contact below for each academic department. Please note that the Autism Workshop is only required for students who are part of the Department of Education & Human Development.
Phone: (585) 395-2258
Phone: (585) 395-2661
Education & Human Development
For DASA Workshop
Phone: (585) 395-5060
For CAD/SAVE or Autism Workshops
Phone: (585) 395-2326
Please contact your advisor
Cathy Houston Wilson
Phone: (585) 395-5352
- All fingerprinting required by New York State Education Department (NYSED) for certification must be scheduled with MorphoTrust at www.IdentoGO.com. For complete directions and information on the fingerprinting process, please see NYSED Fingerprinting Process from Start to Finish. This link will provide details including fees, ORI Number needed for the process, and contact information relevant to the process.
Register for, take and pass the New York State Teacher Certification Exams
- For the most updated information on NYS Teacher Certification Exams, including information on registration, preparation, and scores, please visit the New York State Teacher Certification Examination website.
- To determine which exams you are required to take and for guidance on when to take specific exams, please see our Certification Exams page.
Complete an Application for Graduation with the Office of Registration and Records
- Your degree will NOT be posted to your transcript unless you indicate that you are intending to graduate by applying for graduation using the process outlined www.brockport.edu/registrar/forms.htm.
- Recommendations for certification cannot be made to the NYS Education Department until your graduation date has been posted to your transcript. This generally occurs about 4 weeks after your graduation date. (You can check this in BANNER on your transcript.)
Complete the Certification Recommendation Form
- This form signals the Certification Office to make a recommendation to NYSED for your certification.
- This form should be submitted during your final semester. Please do not submit multiple forms.
Apply Online for your Certificate(s) on TEACH
- After the Office of Certification receives your Certification Recommendation Form, it will be reviewed to determine the certificate(s) for which you are eligible to receive the College recommendation.
- Once your degree is awarded by the College (posted to your transcript), the Certification Office will transmit the College recommendation. You will be able to view the recommendation in your TEACH Account under College Recommendations.
- As soon as all NYS requirements for the certificate(s) have been met, the certificate will issue. You will be able to view the status of your certificate in the same way that you apply for your certificate by logging into your TEACH Account.
- Paper certificates for initial certification are not mailed. For proof of your certification, please print your TEACH record.