Main Page Content
New York State Education Department/Office of Teaching Initiatives
This is the agency that regulates the TEACH system and reviews and issues certifications.
- Certification Questions?: (518) 474-3901 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technical help with TEACH Online Services: (518) 486-6041
- Request a certificate application pathway change: email@example.com
- Requirements for a specific certificate: http://eservices.nysed.gov/teach/certhelp/CertRequirementHelp.do
The Board of Cooperative Educational Services is operated by NYSED and may provide services such as application reviews. BOCES offices may be especially helpful when evaluating coursework for those seeking additional certificates.
Required workshops vary by program and many are offered through coursework at the College.
- SAVE/CAD: Required for any student in a teacher education program. Fulfilled by completion of PRO 370 OR PBH 301. Please note that these workshops generally are NOT notated on TEACH accounts, as the College recommendation attests to the completion of them.
- Autism Training: Required for any student in an Inclusive Generalist teacher education program. Fulfilled by completion of EDI 413/513.
- DASA: Required for any student in an educator preparation program. A stand-alone workshop that is offered on campus through GV BOCES.
If you have completed SAVE/CAD through one of the above courses and need to provide proof, please provide your transcript and this letter.
If you have not received the College's recommendation, but feel that you are entitled to it, please check to ensure that:
- You have completed all of your program requirements (Degree Audit)
- You have applied to the College for graduation
- Your graduation has posted to your transcript
- You have no holds on your student account
- You have completed the Certification Recommendation Form
If you have completed an approved educator preparation program at the College or are in the process of so doing and need verification, please contact the Certification Office.