Main Page Content
TEACH is the system used by New York State Education Department for submitting and reviewing applications for New York State educational certifications. All candidates for NYS educational certification should create a TEACH account.
Please do not create multiple TEACH accounts. Doing so will cause issues when you are applying for certification.
If you already have an account, you can login to your TEACH account using the link below.
If you are experiencing technical problems with TEACH, or have forgotten your username or password, please visit their technical support webpage for assistance.
Using TEACH Effectively
The TEACH homepage offers many same basic options and services. Most of the questions the Certification Office receives can be answered by viewing the list of services offered on the TEACH homepage.
Below you will find a list of services offered by TEACH with a brief description that explains which the purpose of each service.
- Update/Add Education, Employment, and Personal Information
- This option allows you to keep your TEACH profile up to date to ensure everything is correct when you apply for your certificate.
- Account Information
- Select Account Information to view your certificate status. Click on Certificates from scrolling menu and click GO. Displayed information includes all of your certificate applications and all issued certificates. A printed copy of this page is typically acceptable when asked for proof of certification (assuming the certificate is issued) when applying for employment in NY State.
- Apply for Certificate
- Find out more information about applying for a certificate using here.
- I would like a printed certificate
- New York State automatically sends you a printed copy of any issued Professional Certificate, typically three to four weeks after the certificate has been issued. New York State does not automatically send printed copies of Initial Certificates.
- Apply for a Time Extension
- NY State does not typically process a time extension application unless it is within six months of your certificate expiring. Therefore, you should wait until then before applying for the extension. If you are unsure as to when your certificate(s) expires, please view the Account Information tab for your certificate status.
- Pay for Certificate
- Use this section to process your payment for your certificate.
- Apply for a Retirement Waiver
- Use this section to apply for a retirement waiver.