Carly Reed, Ph.D.
- Associate Professor
- (585) 395-5588
Office: 231 Smith Hall
- Ph.D., The Ohio State University
- CHM 205: College Chemistry I
- CHM 205: College Chemistry I Laboratory
- Supplemental Instruction Coordinator
- CHM 431: Inorganic Chemistry II
- CHM 432: Advanced Inorganic Chemistry Laboratory
- CHM 313: Analytical Chemistry Laboratory
- CHM 206: General Chemistry II Laboratory
Dr. Reed's research currently focuses on synthesizing a library of iridium(III) complexes to be tested for their selective intercalation into various types of DNA. These luminescent compounds can then act as label-free switch-on fluorescent detecting sensors for important analytes such as metal ions and small molecules.