Main Page Content
Associate Professor / Associate Chair
M.F.A. Animation Rochester Institute of Technology
B.A. Motion Picture/Video/Theatre Montana State University
|Area(s) of Specialty:||
Video/Film pre-production, production and post-production
Apple Certified Trainer
"Dyslexia: Word Blindness"
Orzel, V. M., Documentary Film Short Festival, The Hang onto your Shorts Film Festival,
Asbury Park, NJ, Academic, National, peer-reviewed/refereed, Accepted, Competition.
"Mano a Mano"
Orzel, V. M., Rhea, D., Photojournalism Essay, Opus Foundation, St. Paul, Minn, Academic, National, peer-reviewed/refereed, Accepted, Invitation. (August 2012 - November 2012)
Editor/Compositor of Experimental film:
-Collaborated with Stephanie Maxwell from Rochester Institute of Technology
"The Morgan Manning House Legacy"
Producer/Director/Videographer/Editor of Documentary:
- Won a Bronze Telly April 2011
"One Breath: A Personal Journey with Asthma, a film about asthma."
Producer/Director/Editor of Documentary. The film was completed in March 2010
- Won a Telly, May 2010
Faculty show April 2010:
"One Breath", Conference Presentation at Eastern Communication Association, Spring 2008
"The Oldest Mother on the Block" 2006 (videographer)
"The Art Form of Stephanie Maxwell" 2007
"ImageMovementSound Festival" 2007 (editor)
"Print in the 21st Century" 2004
"Centennial Celebration" 2003
"Amusement Parks and Math" 2001
"The Culture of Native Americans" 2000
"A Voyage Down the Erie Canal" 2000
"Digital Revolution" 2000
"Code of Conduct" 1999
"Teenagers Are We Listening" 1999
"Beating the Odds" 1999
"Character Education" 1998
Works In Progress:
• Two NPR shows about two different women who fought the odds and came out successful. These two have been shot and I am working on the scripts at this time.
• "Bone Marrow: Too Many Children are Dying" (Planning).
• Word Blindness, In the process of shooting a feature documentary on dyslexia from the perspective of the dyslexic. This film is to help people who are unfamiliar with the learning disability understand better how the dyslexic struggles when they are trying to write, read, speak and comprehend the spoken word. This film with be a combination of video and animation. I have experts lined up throughout New York State as well as North Carolina and Connecticut. Plan to finish shooting Spring 2016 and begin to edit summer of 2016 and have the final film finished end of the summer of 2017. Getting ready to Edit
• Scleroderma documentary short on the disease. Working with the tristate chapter to make an educational video on what is scleroderma. I am working with two students on the film. We are in the shooting phase of this film. The edited piece should be done by end of Spring semester 2016. Finished getting ready to publish
"The Morgan Manning House Legacy", Bronze Telly Award (2011)
"One Breath: A Personal Journey with Asthma", Bronze Telly Award (2010)
"One Breath: A Personal Journey with Asthma", SUNY Wide Film Festival (faculty showcase -2010)
"One Breath: A Personal Journey with Asthma", Phoenix International Christian Film Festival (2010)
"Oldest Mother on the Block" screened at International High Falls Film Festival, 2008
Associate Chair for the Communication Department
Chair of the Oral Communication Code for General Education Assessment Committee
|Office:||228 Holmes Hall|