External Advisory Board
The Computer Science External Advisory Board of The College at Brockport, comprised of prominent and experienced computing professionals in the Rochester, NY area, has been in existence since 1997 and normally meets once a year face-to-face. An electronic mail list allows discussions between meetings. The primary purpose is to increase the industry-academe interaction for mutual benefit. Specifically, the board advises the department on matters of programs, program educational objectives, student outcomes, curriculum, course offerings and other initiatives. The input from board members helps the Department of Computer Science to:
- Refine the course offerings to keep them current and relevant,
- Seek internship and co-op opportunities for students, and
- Understand and accommodate the needs of the local industries and businesses that employ the graduates.
The current members of the External Advisory Board are
- Professor James Bucki, Sr., Director of Information Technology Programs, Genesee Community College
- Mr. Jeff Carpenter, Lead Quality Analyst, University of Rochester
- Mr. Sam C. Chan, President, Bravo Technology Center
- Professor April Devaux, Chair, Department of Computing Sciences, Finger Lakes Community College
- Mr. Mark Endres, Development Manager, Paychex, Inc.
- Ms. Jody Gillette, Technology Manager, Thomson Reuters
- Mr. John Griffith, Vice President, IT Infrastructure and Production Management, Excellus BlueCross BlueShield
- Mr. Paul Koch, Manager, Store and Pharmacy Systems, Custemer Relationship, Wegmans
- Mr. David Loughner, Enterprise Systems Administrator, University of Rochester Medical Center
- Mr. Rich Miceli, Senior Director of Client Services, Heartland School Solutions
- Mr. Terence Owens, Manager, Global Server and WWIS Operations, Kodak
- Mr. Thomas J. Pawlaczyk, IT Consultant, University of Rochester (Heart Research)
- Professor Sara Wexler, Office and Information Technologies, Monroe Community College
- Mr. Jacek Woloszuk, Vice President of Product Development, ROC IT Solutions
The chair of the department, the chair of the curriculum committee, the assessment coordinator, and the internship coordinator are ex-officio members of the board.
Experienced computing professionals, employers, and educators, interested in contributing in this capacity to our programs may contact Dr. Sandeep Mitra, Department Chair, at email@example.com.