Main Page Content
Office: Morgan Hall 2208
- PhD Counselor Education & Supervision, Syracuse University (2015)
- MS Rehabilitation and Community Counseling, Syracuse University
- MSW Community Development & Group Specialization, University of the West Indies, Mona, Jamaica
- MS Social Work, University of the West Indies, Mona, Jamaica
Areas of Specialty
- College and Mental Health Counseling
- Rehabilitation Counseling, Supervision
- Group Work and Community Development
Addressing diversity issues in counseling and supervision; exploring loss, grief, and trauma in counseling, supervision in counseling; spirituality in counseling; and college students' mental health and rehabilitation facilitators.
- Shin, R. Q., Rogers, J., Silas, M., Brown-Smythe, C., Stanciu, A., & Austin, B. (2010). Advancing social justice in urban schools through the implementation of transformative groups for youth of color. The Journal for Specialists in Group Work, 35, 3, 230 - 235.
- Brown-Smythe, C. A., & Spiegelhoff, S. F. (2015). Exploring what makes us! In Luke, M. & Goodrich, K. M. (Eds.), Group work experts share their favorite activities for supervision.
- Brown-Smythe, C. A. & Spiegelhoff, S. F. (2015). Spiritual tower: Exploring personal spirituality in supervision. In Luke, M., & Goodrich, K. M. (Eds.). Group work experts share their favorite activities for supervision.