Main Page Content
The Criminal Justice Department is committed to providing a comprehensive interdisciplinary undergraduate education that fosters analytical, critical, and creative thinking skills. We focus on theory and practice of criminal justice systems and are committed to providing a variety of in and out of classroom instruction, internships, and extracurricular activities. Our curriculum is designed to motivate students to successfully achieve our learning goals and career objectives in a culturally diverse and globally interdependent community.
- To help students develop an in depth understanding of the major components of the criminal justice system.
- To help students develop a theoretical understanding of the causes, consequences and control of crime and criminal behavior.
- To help students master critical, creative thinking and analytical reasoning skills and techniques in relation to criminal justice and criminological issues.
- To facilitate an understanding of the multiple dimensions of diversity and related ethical issues.
- To help students master oral and written communication as it pertains to criminal justice topics and issues.