Roger McNally is an Associate Professor Emeritus at SUNY Brockport, Criminal Justice Department since 1979.
Main Page Content
He received his BS degree in 1965 from SUNY Cortland and his MS in 1975 from Niagara University; He also received an MSW in 1976 from the State University of New York at Buffalo. He was senior probation analyst for the New York State Division of Probation from 1976-77. He was director of evaluation, Social Work Department, SUNY Brockport from 1978-79. Professor McNally has numerous publications including:
- "Juvenile Justice: Reform, Retain, and Reaffirm," in Federal Probation, 1987.
- McNally, R. B., & Dwyer, Diane C. "Juvenile Justice & Juvenile Executions: Antithetical Concepts." Juvenile Justice, Vol. 17, No. 8. April 19, 1989.
- McNally, R.B., & Dwyer, D.C. "Public Policy, Prison Industries, and Business: An Equitable Balance for the 1990s." Federal Probation. Vol. LVXII, No. 2, June 1993.
- McNally, R.B., & Dwyer, D.C. "Public Policy, Prison Industries, and Business: An Equitable Balance for the 1990s." In Critical Issues In Crime and Justice, pp. 277-295, by Roberts, Albert R., Sage Publications, 1994.
- McNally, R.B. "Deliver Us From Evil: A Profile of Kids Who Murder, England/Wales 1982-1992." In Juvenile Justice Digest, Vol. 22, No. 23, December 1994.
- McNally, R.B. "Homicidal Youth In England and Wales, 1982-1992: Profile and Policy." Psychology, Crime and Law (1995) Vol. 1.
- McNally, R.B. and Dwyer, D.C. "The 1990's and Juvenile Justice: Implications for the Twenty-First Century." In Juvenile Justice & Policies, Programs and Services, by Roberrs, Albert R., Nelson-Hal Pub. Spring 1996 (pending).
- McNally, R.B. 'Epilogue" In Juvenile Justice Policies,Programs and Services, pp. 473-475, by Roberts, Albert R., Nelson-Hall Publications, 1998.
- McNally, R.B. & Dwyer, Diane C., "Juvenile Justice: A Vision for the Millennium" International Journal of Police Science and Management. Vol 2, Number 3. April 2000.
- Introduction to Corrections
- Introduction to Criminal Justice
- Correctional Institutions
- Treatment Modalities
- Group Dynamics
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Juvenile Justice Processe Justice
- Seminar: Ethical Issues in Criminal Justice
- Internship in Criminal Justice
- Crime Prevention
- Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences(ACJS)
- Certified Social Worker (CSW) NY State #02317
- NY State permanent teaching certification (K-6)
- Member, Board of Visitors, NYS Division for Youth, School at Industry. Term: 2/89 - 2/92
1993-1994 Sabbatical Leave. Co-director of Brunel University, SUNY Program, London, England. Conducted research on homicidal youth in England and Wales.
1979-present State University of New York at Brockport Criminal Justice Department Associate Professor Responsibilities: Teach undergraduate courses in Criminal Justice Department.
Mr. McNally is currently conducting research on violent youth, the juvenile justice system, and teaching in the area of family violence.