Undergraduate Audition Information
In compliance with public health recommendation related to COVID-19, auditions during the 2020/2021 academic year will be via video. All students who wish to major or minor in Dance are required to audition and be accepted to the program.
To audition, you must complete the audition application form and essay available at the link below. Within that form you must also submit a link to a video that includes:
- A short verbal introduction of yourself stating the following
- Why you want to study dance at SUNY Brockport
- A short sample of a warm up of your choice (ballet, modern, African, hip-hop, etc)
- A short (no more than four minutes) movement combination in the style of your choice (Ballet, modern, African, hip-hop, etc).
To schedule a campus tour, please contact Admissions. If you have any questions or would like to schedule a department tour, please contact the department secretary Bonnie Bradley at email@example.com.
Graduate Audition Information
The 2021 virtual audition itinerary will offer candidates the opportunity to audition from their current space(s) via zoom. The itinerary may vary as we adapt to a virtual audition process. Candidates will receive an updated virtual audition itinerary from the graduate director, Mariah Maloney.
The audition process runs over the course of two days and includes:
- Audition in modern dance-based technique class
- Solo choreography showing - approximately three minute excerpt
- Critical writing assessment session
- Group discussion with members of the graduate committee
- Interview with chair, graduate director, or program advisor
- Observe/participate in ongoing classes
- Virtual lunch with current graduate students
- View student, faculty and/or guest artist choreography
- Facilities and campus tour
- Teaching assistantship audition for applicants selected in advance. There are a limited number of highly competitive graduate assistantships available. Be prepared to share your teaching philosophy with the faculty.
When is the Audition?
February 22 and 23, 2021.
For further information on our graduate program, contact Mariah Maloney at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about Graduate Auditions.