Undergraduate Audition Information
The dance audition, offered three times annually, is required for admission to all four dance programs (BFA in Dance, BA/BS in Dance, Arts for Children: Dance Specialty, and Minor in Dance). Audition applications must be received in the Department of Dance at least one week prior to the date you wish to audition. Applicants unable to attend an on campus audition may audition by video application. To request information please contact the Department of Dance at (585) 395-2153.
When is the Audition?
Auditions are held three times per year and applicants may come on the date of their choice. Auditions begin at 9 am. The auditions during the 2019-2020 academic year are on:
Monday, October 21, 2019
Monday, February 17, 2020
Monday, March 30, 2020
For more information about Undergraduate Auditions.
Graduate Audition Information
The audition process runs over the course of two days and includes:
- Audition in modern dance-based technique class
- Solo choreography showing - approximately three minute excerpt
- Critical writing assessment session
- Group discussion with members of the graduate committee
- Interview with chair, graduate director, or program advisor
- Observe/participate in ongoing classes
- Lunch with current graduate students
- View student, faculty and/or guest artist choreography
- Facilities and campus tour
- Teaching assistantship audition for applicants selected in advance. There are a limited number of highly competitive graduate assistantships available. Be prepared to share your teaching philosophy with the faculty.
It is preferred that all auditions be done in person on the above dates. If you are unable to attend an audition in person, please call the Department of Dance to discuss possible alternatives. With prior permission, videotapes/ DVDs may be accepted and must include:
- an oral self-introduction including your name, what dance program you are interested in, the reasons for your interest in The College at Brockport and a synopsis of your career goals;
- a three-five minute modern dance technique self choreographed solo; and
any additional performance or studio work (optional)
- vimeo/YouTube clip may be considered
When is the Audition?
March 9 & 10, 2020.
For further information on our graduate program, contact Mariah Maloney at email@example.com
For more information about Graduate Auditions.