Main Page Content
Dance auditions February 12 & 13, 2018
Alternate date for applicants unable to attend February 12 & 13 audition is March 29, 2018.
The audition process runs over the course of two days and includes:
- Audition in modern dance-based technique class
- Solo choreography showing - approximately three minute excerpt
- Critical writing assessment session
- Group discussion with members of the graduate committee
- Interview with chair, graduate director, or program advisor
- Observe/participate in ongoing classes
- Lunch with current graduate students
- View student, faculty and/or guest artist choreography
- Facilities and campus tour
- Teaching assistantship audition for applicants selected in advance. There are a limited number of highly competitive graduate assistantships available. Be prepared to share your teaching philosophy with the faculty.
It is preferred that all auditions be done in person on the above dates. If you are unable to attend an audition in person, please call the Department of Dance at (585) 395-2153 to discuss possible alternatives. With prior permission, videotapes/ DVDs may be accepted and must include:
- an oral self-introduction including your name, what dance program you are interested in, the reasons for your interest in The College at Brockport and a synopsis of your career goals;
- a three-five minute modern dance technique self choreographed solo; and
- any additional performance or studio work (optional)
- vimeo/YouTube clip may be considered
For further information on our graduate program, contact Mariah Maloney at firstname.lastname@example.org
MFA/MA in Dance Graduate Application
due by March 28, 2018
Applicants apply separately to the Department of Dance and The Center for Graduate Studies. Applications to The Graduate School are now self-managed. Completed applications should be submitted to the Office of Graduate Admissions by February 20, 2017 and no later than April 15, 2017 for fall admission.
The graduate assistantship and audition applications should be returned to the Department of Dance. Applications to the dance program may also be submitted at the audition.
Where to Obtain Graduation Application Forms
Office of Graduate Admissions
The College at Brockport
350 New Campus Drive
Brockport, NY 14420
Telephone: (585) 395-5465
We look forward to meeting you and will make every effort to give you an enjoyable experience.