The Department of Dance seeks to provide a rigorous and nurturing environment for the development of artists, scholars, choreographers, and educators. We support creativity through conceptualization and performance.
Within this mission, the department is committed to:
- Offering a diverse, integrated curriculum that fosters global citizenship for the world in which we live.
- Cultivating depth of study in individually-mentored, process-driven research projects.
- Honing the unique artistic voices of our community and creating contexts in which we pursue a synthesis between artistry and scholarship.
- Providing opportunities for interaction with working artists and professional organizations within the field.
- Nurturing supportive, generative relationships through which the research and practice of dance are advanced.
- Encouraging interdisciplinary collaboration across campus and in the community locally, nationally, and internationally.