- Haynes, J.M., K.F. Korfmacher, and E.J. Mellas. 2010-2012. GLISTEN collaborative cluster
planning and implementation. Great Lakes Innovative Stewardship Through Education
Network, National Center for Science and Cooperative Education.
- Haynes, J.M., and G. Neuderfer. 2010-2011. Water quality monitoring for the Remedial
Action Plan. Monroe County Dept. of Health.
- Haynes, J.M., and J.A. Zollweg. 2005-2006. Distribution of host fishes for listed
and rare freshwater mussel species, and of state-listed fishes, in Muddy Creek on
the Erie National Wildlife Refuge. US Fish and Wildlife Service.
- Haynes, J.M. 2004-2006. Status of longear sunfish populations in western New York.
NY Dept. of Environmental Conservation.
- Haynes, J.M. 2004. Benthic macroinvertebrates of the Irondequoit Bay wetland. Monroe
County Dept. of Health.
- Haynes, J.M., J.J. Pagano and S.T. Wellman. 2003-2006. RAP progress in the Rochester
Embayment of Lake Ontario: Population monitoring and levels of bioaccumulative chemicals
of concern in mink, a sentinel species. New York Great Lakes Protection Fund.
- Haynes, J.M. 2002. Biological study of Irondequoit Bay. Monroe County Department of
Planning and Development.
- Haynes, J.M. 2002-2010. Fishery study of Waneta and Lamoka Lakes. Waneta-Lamoka Lakes
- Haynes, J.M., S.M. Millar and M.M. Hluchy. 2001-2006. Assessment and evaluation supplement
to “Regional Workshops Led by Successful Innovators and Experienced Investigators.”
National Science Foundation.
- Haynes, J.M. and M.M. Hluchy. 2000-2005. Disseminating successful undergraduate science
curriculum development, adaptation and implementation strategies and CCLI grant writing
techniques: regional workshops led by successful innovators and experienced investigators.
National Science Foundation.
- Haynes, J.M. and J.C. Makarewicz. 2000-2002. Measuring RAP progress in the Rochester
Embayment of Lake Ontario: determining baseline levels of bioaccumulative chemicals
of concern in air, water, sediment and sentinel species. NY Great Lakes Protection
- Haynes, J.M., J. Chiarenzelli, A. Nelson, J. Pagano and T.C. Young. 1999-2001. Academic
program assessment. Great Lakes Research Consortium.
- Tisch, N., J.M. Haynes and C. Mayer. 1999. Impact assessment of the introduced amphipod,
Echinogammarus ischnus, in the Great Lakes. Great Lakes Research Consortium.
- Makarewicz, J.C. and J.M. Haynes (Principal Investigators) and R.C. Dilcher, J.C.
Hunter and C.J. Norment (Co-Principal Investigators). 1999. Biological survey of Yanty
Creek Marsh. NY Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation.
- Haynes, J.M. (Lead Instructor), and seven co-investigators. 1998-99, 1996-97, 1994-95,
1993-93, 1990-91. Great Lakes Research Consortium summer practicum for applied environmental
problem-solving: new approaches and techniques for undergraduate faculty. National
Science Foundation, Undergraduate Faculty Enhancement Program.
- Haynes, J.M. (Project Director), and six co-investigators. 1997-98, 1995-96, 1993-94.
Stressed Stream Analysis: addressing real environmental problems to stimulate undergraduate
faculty. National Science Foundation, Undergraduate Faculty Enhancement Program.
- Haynes, J.M. 1996-97. Macroinvertebrate survey, sampling strategy, and biotic index
for the Irondequoit Creek wetland. Monroe County Dept. of Health.
- Haynes, J.M. 1994-95. Community ecology of the Niagara County artificial reef and
nearby natural areas of Lake Ontario. U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
- Haynes, J.M. 1994. Survey of Buttonwood Creek, Monroe County, NY to determine habitat
availability for and relative abundance of a species of special concern, the pirate
perch(Aphredoderus sayanus). Monroe County Dept. of Transportation.
- Haynes, J.M. 1992-93. Deployment and recovery of sediment samplers and side-scan sonar
in Lake Ontario. SUNY at Stony Brook.
- Haynes, J.M. 1991. Relative fish abundance at an artificial reef in Lake Ontario.
Niagara County Department of Planning and Industrial Development.
- Haynes, J.M. 1990. Sediment sampling and analysis, Braddock Bay, Lake Ontario. Town
of Greece, NY.
- Haynes, J.M., and N.J. Frisch. 1989-90. Illustrated guide and slide set for Hudson
River fishes. Hudson River Foundation.
*denotes student contributor