Main Page Content
Dr. Courtney McDaniel
Phone: (585) 395-5746
Office: Lennon Hall 123
- B.S. in Biology, Centre Collge
- M.S. in Biology, Auburn University
- Ph.D. in Entomology, University of Georgia
- Ecology - ENV 303
- Global Environment Issues - ENV 492
- Stream Ecology - ENV 404
- Aquatic Invertebrates - ENV 483
Past Research Topics
- Impacts of flow management on macroinvertebrate communities in aquatic and wetland systems.
- Ecosystem-level interactions between aquatic, wetland, and terrestrial habitats.
- Distribution and impacts of shallow hyporheic anoxia in Glen Canyon.
- McDaniel, C.H. and D.P. Batzer. In prep. Effects of river regulation beyond the channel: multifaceted changes within a group of invertebrate floodplain specialists. Submitted to Freshwater Biology.
- McDaniel, C.H., J.V. McHugh, D.P. Batzer. 2017. Congeneric predaceous diving beetle species fail to segregate in a floodplain system: a case of amplified sympatry. Environmental Entomology 46: 494-501.
- Holt, C.R., D. Pfitzer, C. Scalley, B.A. Caldwell, P.I. Capece, and D.P. Batzer. 2015. Macroinvertebrate assemblages of the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area: an 11-year study. In: McDowell, R.J., C.A. Pruitt, and R.A. Bahn, eds. Proceedings of the 2015 Georgia Water Resources Conference, April 28-29, 2015, University of Georgia, Athens, GA.
- Holt, C.R., D. Pfitzer, C. Scalley, B.A. Caldwell, and D.P. Batzer. 2015. Macroinvertebrate community responses to annual flow variation from river regulation: an 11-year study. River Research and Applications 31: 798-807.
- Holt, C.R., D. Pfitzer, C. Scalley, B.A. Caldwell, P.I. Capece, and D.P. Batzer. 2015. Longitudinal variation in macroinvertebrate assemblages below a large-scale hydroelectric dam. Hydrobiologia 755: 13-26.