Jessica L. Sniatecki, PhD, CRC
- Associate Professor
- (585) 395-5092
Office: 15B Hartwell Hall
- PhD, Counselor Education, University at Buffalo
Jessica L. Sniatecki, PhD, CRC is an associate professor of Healthcare Studies in the Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counseling program. She holds her doctorate in counselor education from the University at Buffalo and has held national certification as a Rehabilitation Counselor since 2004. Dr. Sniatecki has clinical experience with individuals and groups in a variety of treatment settings. She served as president of the New York State Career Development Association (NYSCDA) from 2014 to 2016, past-president from 2016 to 2018, and currently serves as the vice president of membership.
Dr. Sniatecki's research focuses on the college experience of students with disabilities, positive aspects of disability, and faculty knowledge and attitudes related to students with disabilities. She is also involved in numerous service activities across campus including the Committee on Accessibility (committee chair), the Diversity Professional Development Committee, the OSD (Office for Students with Disabilities) Advisory Board, the Personal Safety Committee, the University Police Advisory Board, the College-wide Facilities Planning Committee, and the Student Conduct Board.
- SUNY Chancellor's Award for Excellence in College Teaching
- College at Brockport's Diversity Engagement Award
- College at Brockport's Academic Advisement Award
- National Career Development Association's Career Convergence Recognition Award
- New York State Career Development Association's Diversity Award