Main Page Content
Phone: (585) 395-5685
Office: 334 Liberal Arts Building
- American Civil War
- American religious history
- Ph.D., M.A., Rice University, 1993 (History)
- B.A., University of Virginia, 1986 (Religious Studies/History)
Awards and Honors
- SUNY Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2005
- Alpha Phi Omega Professor of the Year Award, 2004
- Honorable Mention: Annual Seaborg Award for the Best book on the Civil War (National Civil War Society), 2003
- A.A.S.L.H. National Certificate of Commendation, 1998
- Barbara Field Kennedy Award in American History, 1993
- U.S. History Survey (1517-1877, 1877-1990)
- Film History
- Religion in America: 1517 to Present
- Civil War/Reconstruction
- Slavery in the South
- U.S. Thought and Culture (1517-1877, 1877-1990)
- Southern History
- History of Science
- Modern World
- “Exploring Freedom: The Thirteenth Amendment and the End of the Civil War,” Jolene Car ed., Wisewire, (New York) 2016.
- “The Culture Wars, 1980-2014” in Gale United States History Reference, (New York) 2015.
- “The Media Portrayal of the Middle Class,” in Robert Rycroft ed., The American Middle Class: An Economic Encyclopedia of Progress and Poverty (New York) 2014.
- "Proslavery Writing 1820-1870," in American History Through Literature, ed. Janet Gabler-Hover (New York: Scribners, 2006).
- "1976-2002: Looking Forward, Looking Back," in United States History II (New York: Global Education Network, 2004).
- Holy War: Southern Religion and the Civil War," North and South, Volume 6, Number 6, September 2003.
- When Slavery Was Called Freedom: Evangelicalism, Proslavery, and the Causes of the Civil War, 1830-1865. Religion in the South Series, Number 9, (Lexington: University Press of Kentucky, 2002).
- Dr. Daly is currently researching a book on Reconstruction in the South.