Main Page Content
By Nick Lind, former president
"History Forum is an engaged group of students who recognize the importance of history and promote further exploration of our past. We participate in various local events that contribute to our knowledge of history or support a good cause in our community. We are open to diverse opportunities and strive to enrich our understanding of history."
In addition to attending history department events, History Forum regularly supports a dialogue of history-related posts on our Facebook page, "Brockport History Forum." Along with the Facebook page, the History Forum also has a page on myBrockport which also informs Forum members of the club’s events.
History Forum meets weekly in Drake Library room 234 (the Milne Room), on Tuesdays at 7:30 pm. Anyone is welcome to attend, and we encourage students from any academic major or minor to join us! Our meetings are typically about 30 minutes in length and consist of organizing upcoming events, planning future activities, and discussing relevant historical, political, and social topics.
- Open Houses
- Alongside professors, members of the History Forum engage with prospective incoming students during the fall and spring Open Houses. Forum members share their experiences in and out of the history classroom and about Brockport in general.
Past Events Include:
- Mt. Hope Cemetery tour
- Meet-and-greet with professors
- Dessert receptions following the department's evening lectures
- George Eastman House trip
- Rochester Museum and Science Center trip
- Trivia/Movie/Game Nights
- "Myths About Lobbyists: The View From Albany," lecture by Tom Gosdeck
- Charity book drive (for local libraries)
History Forum has achieved much this past year, and we look forward to continuing our success in the upcoming academic year. For more information, contact the department secretary, Teri Rombaut, at (585) 395-2377, or fax (585) 395-2620.
- Conner Wolfe, President: email@example.com
- Robert Bretz, Vice President: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Katie Krantz, Treasurer: email@example.com
- Julia Bibko, General-Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org