Pamela Beach, PhD
- (585) 395-5427
Office: Tuttle North B205
- Ph.D., Pennsylvania State University
- M.S., Pennsylvania State University
- B.S., Pennsylvania State University
Area(s) of Specialty
- Motor Behavior
- Visual Impairment and Deaf Blindness
- Balance and Postural control in special populations such as older adults and children with visual impairment
- Motor Development assessments
Recently Published Webinars
- Haibach, P.S. (2015). Moving to Learn: Adapted Physical Education for Students with Visual Impairments. Part 2: Object Control Skills and Motor Development. American Foundation for the Blind (AFB).
- Haibach, P.S. (2015). Moving to Learn: Adapted Physical Education for Students with Visual Impairments. Part 3: Locomotor Skills and Motor Development. American Foundation for the Blind (AFB).
Pamela Beach, Ph.D. is a Professor of Motor Behavior at SUNY Brockport. She has been the coordinator for the kinesiology major since 2008 and has coordinated internships and research experiences for kinesiology majors. Pamela is also the Director of the Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURP) and a Co-Director of the Institute on Movement Studies for Individuals with Visual Impairments (IMSVI). Dr. Beach regularly publishes and presents nationally and internationally on her research in motor development and balance in individuals with sensory impairments. She has also published two editions of the undergraduate textbook Motor Learning and Development which has been widely adopted. She recently served on the American Kinesiology Association Board and is an active Brockport Lions Club member.