Main Page Content
Office: B325 Tuttle North
Phone: (585) 395-2373
- PhD, University of Tennessee
- Knoxville (Education)
- M.A., Kent State University (Physical Education)
- M.A., University of South Carolina (Philosophy)
- B.A., Wittenberg University
Area(s) of Specialty
- Philosophy of Sport
- Sports Ethics
- Sports & Values
- Competition in Youth Sports
- Torres, C.R., & Hager, P.F. (2007). De-emphasizing competition in organized youth sport: Misdirected reforms and misled children. Journal of the Philosophy of Sport, 34, 194-210.
- Hager, P.F., & Torres, C.R. (2007). Just evaluation systems in competitive sport. The Journal of Physical Education, Recreation and Dance, 78(7), 27-32.
- Torres, C.R., & Hager, P.F. (2005). Competitive sport, evaluation systems, and just results: The case of Rugby Union’s bonus-point system. Journal of the Philosophy of Sport, 32, 208-222.
- Giacobbi, Jr., P.R., Pocwardowski, A., & Hager, P. (2005). A pragmatic research philosophy for applied sport psychology. The Sport Psychologist, 19, 18-31.
- Hager, P.F. (1995). Redefining success in competitive activities. Journal of Physical Education, Recreation and Dance, 66(5), 26-30.