Main Page Content
Office: B312 Tuttle North
Phone: (585) 395-5341
- EdD, Teachers College, Columbia Univ
- MEd, Teachers College, Columbia Univ
- MS, Florida International University
- BA, The College at Brockport
Area(s) of Specialty
- Teacher Education
- Curriculum Development and Instruction
- Secondary Physical Education
- Building and Maintaining Outstanding Programs
- State Learning Standards
- Urban Teachers
- Cruz, L.M. & Petersen, S.C. (2003, May/June). Using jump bands to address standards in rhythms and fitness. Strategies, 16(5), 35-38.
- Petersen, S., H. Byrne, L. Cruz. The Reality of Fitness: What Physical Education Majors "Know and Can Do". The Physical Educator, 60(1):5-18, 2003.
- Cruz, L.M. & Petersen, S.C. (2002). Reporting assessment results to parents. Journal of Physical Education, Recreation and Dance, (73) 8, 20-24, 31.
- Petersen, S.C., Cruz, L.M., & Amundsen, R. (2002). The standards’impact on physical education in New York State. Journal of Physical Education, Recreation and Dance, (73) 4,15-18, 23.
Sue came to The College at Brockport in 1997. She won the 2003 NYS AHPERD "Amazing Person Award for Higher Education and received the 2006 Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Teaching. She is a Reviewer for Strategies and JOPERD. She is currently the Chairperson in PES at The College at Brockport and the Chair of the NYS AHPERD Board of Directors.