First off- do not forget to apply for a BMACS scholarship. For further information click here.
Main Page Content
Check out the American Math Society's page for lots more fellowship and scholarship opportunities , also check the AMS guide to assistanships and fellowships for mathematics (primarily for graduate study and post graduate study). Note there is also a hard copy of this in Howard Skogman's office.
Also there are tons of scholarships available- and more seem to be added daily- check out the college's website - you may be eligible for one or more.
REU (Research Experience for Undergraduates) Opportunities
(note that all provide a stipend)
- For a complete list check the MAA's site
- Or the NSF funded ones: NSF site
- Some relatively local ones:
- SUNY Potsdam program: graph theory, ergodic theory, graph/knot theory
- Rutgers Program
- Williams College Program: Number theory, ergodic theory, geometry, statistics, etc.
- Lafayette's program: Applied combinatorics, algebraic topology, and algebra/geometry/number theory
- Mount Holyoke's program: Number theory (spectral questions and expander graphs) and statistics (discrete Markov chain Monte Carlo)
- University of Nebraska's Summer Research Program: Applied Math
- CMU Astrostatistics
- Other Statistics programs
Other Programs of Interest
- Cornell's Summer Math Institute: Designed to prepare students for graduate study with an intensive course in Real Analysis. (Stipend provided)
- Institute for Advanced Study program (Princeton Univ.): "Zeta functions all the way"- for women only , lodging meals and transportation will be provided.
- University of Nebraska's Immerse program: (for students who are about to enter a graduate program.
- Institute for Advanced Study-Park City Mathematics Institute. Low Dimensional topology program for undergraduates. Financial Support is available from IAS-check the link.
- Summer Institute for Biostatistics Training.
- For tons of other opportunities such as semester abroad programs, Math in Moscow, and lots of other items of interest to any math major- check out the AMS undergraduate site
Check out these sites related to careers in mathematics:
- Actuarial information
- Statistics careers
- Applied math careers
- Operations Research
Conferences to present student research:
Journals publishing undergraduate research:
- SIAM Applied Math
- Rose-Hulman Undergraduate Math Journal
- Journal of Undergraduate Research
- Undergraduate Research Journal
Internships (Company List):
- Extensive list of major companies, offering internships for math majors and their links.
- American Statistical Association's list of Internships in Statistics
Summer Math Internships: Check out the American Math Society's site for tons of opportunities.
Summer internship opportunities, links to internships connected with professional organizations.
Internships, Fellowships, and More
National Internships, Research Programs, Scholarships and Fellowships
Note: some are during spring and fall as well as summer
Oak Ridge National Laboratories
Note: they have fall, spring or summer internships and also have careers for math majors