Below you will find instructions on completing an application for admittance to the traditional BSN program for the Fall of 2019. You may fill out our application beginning on December 1 through January 20 2019.
- You must be a Brockport Nursing Intent student with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0. In addition, you must have completed at least 15 grade bearing credits of Brockport course work in order to apply.
- Direct Admit Nursing Students must complete an application.
Instructions for Applying to the Traditional BSN Program
Please read the following instructions beforecompleting the application:
- Click on the link (found on the nursing department home page) and read the application carefully as you complete it. The application link will be available December 1, 2018 — January 20,2019. Applications will not be accepted after January 20.
- You will need to include your Student ID number (Banner or 9-digit 800 number).
- At the bottom of each page there is “save” button that you may select. This will save what you have completed and it will prompt you to provide an email address where a link will be sent to allow you to resume completing the application. Do not begin a new application.
Requirements for the Application
- The application requires you to include grades for all nursing prerequisite courses or indicate if they are not completed and where they will be completed. Reminder that all nursing prerequisite courses need to be completed by the end of the Spring 2019 semester with a grade of C or higher.
- You are required to upload a brief narrative describing why you are interested in the nursing profession and any pertinent healthcare and/or volunteer experience (no more than one page).
- You will also have the opportunity to submit a narrative to provide an explanation about your academic career or Degree Works report. For example, if you had a leave of absence and wanted to explain that occurrence.
- You will need to upload your Degree Works report after it shows your Fall 2018 grades, which will be available after December 30. You may work on your application once it opens but please wait to submit the application until after you have attached your Degree Works report with the Fall 2018 grades listed on it.
You will receive an email confirming that your application has been successfully submitted and you will receive a copy of your completed application electronically. This is your confirmation. It may take 48 hours to receive your confirmation. If you have submitted the application and you do not receive a confirmation email in 48 hours, please contact the nursing department at (585) 395-2355.
All information will be submitted electronically. You do not need to submit anything in paper form to the Department of Nursing.
If you are having technical difficulties submitting the application, please contact IT at (585) 395-5151.
If you have a question about information you are providing on the application, you can contact the Department of Nursing at (585) 395-2355 or send an email to Traditional_BSN@brockport.edu