Main Page Content
Dr. Georges Dicker
Office: 120 Liberal Arts Building
Research and Teaching Interests
Georges Dicker works primarily on central figures in modern philosophy. He also has research interests in epistemology and metaphysics. He is currently writing a book to be entitled Locke on Knowledge and Reality.
- 2013. Descartes: An Analytical and Historical Introduction, 2nd Edition. Oxford University Press, 344 pp.
- 2011. Berkeley’s Idealism: A Critical Examination. Oxford University Press, 310 pp.
- 2008. “Kant’s Refutation of Idealism.” Noûs (47:1) 80-108.
- 2004. Kant’s Theory of Knowledge: An Analytical Introduction. Oxford University Press, 262 pp.
- 1998. Hume’s Epistemology and Metaphysic: An Introduction. Routledge, 216 pp.
- 1980. Perceptual Knowledge: An Analytical and Historical Study. Reidel, 226 pp.
- 1978. “Is there a Problem about Perception and Knowledge?” American Philosophical Quarterly (15:3) 165-176.
- 1973: “Knowing and Coming-to-Know in John Dewey’s Theory of Knowledge.” The Monist (57:2) 191-219.
- Seminar on Descartes
- Seminar on Locke
- Seminar on Berkeley
- Seminar on Hume
- Seminar on Kant
- Theory of Knowledge
- God, Self, and World (Metaphysics)
- Perception, Illusion, and Reality
- Philosophy of Religion
- History of Modern Philosophy
- Introduction to Logic
- Introduction to Philosophy