Main Page Content
Dr. Joseph Long
Office: 116 Liberal Arts Building
Phone: (585) 395-2492
Research and Teaching Interests
Joseph Long works primarily in the philosophy of science and metaethics. He also has research interests in the philosophy of language and the philosophy of religion. You can find more information at his website at academia.edu.
- 2016. “Non-cognitivism and the Problem of Moral-based Epistemic Reasons: A Sympathetic Reply to Cian Dorr.” Journal of Ethics and Social Philosophy
- 2015. “Rightness = Right-maker: Reduction or Reductio?” Disputatio 7: 193-206.
- 2014. “In Defense of Cornell Realism: A Reply to Elizabeth Tropman.” Theoria 80: 174-83.
- 2012. “Right-making and Reference.” American Philosophical Quarterly 49: 277-80.
- Philosophy and Evolution
- Philosophy of Science
- Ethical Theory
- Modern Logic
- Introduction to Logic
- Critical Thinking
- Introduction to Ethics
- Introduction to Philosophy