Main Page Content
Dr. Steven Jurek
Department of Political Science and International Studies
Faculty Advisor, European Union Simulation (EuroSim)
Office: 207C Hartwell Hall
- Ph.D. in Political Science, University at Buffalo, 2007.
- M.A. in Political Science, University at Buffalo, 2000.
- B.S. in Political Science, University at Albany/Buffalo, 1996.
Research and Teaching Interests
- Comparative Politics.
- European Integration.
- Democratization in Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union.
- Civil-military relations.
- Political Geography.
- Jurek, Steven J., Murray, Greg R., Saiya, Nilay, and Scime, Anthony. 2015. “Classification Trees as Proxies.” International Journal of Business Analytics, Vol. 2. Issue 2.
- Jurek, Steven J. and Scime, A. 2014. “Achieving Democratic Leadership: A Data Mined Prescription.” Social Science Quarterly. Vol. 95, Issue 1 (March), pp. 97-110.
- Jurek, Steven J. 2012. "Poland, Hungary and Czech Republic: Delaying Euro Adoption."Syracuse University: The EuroCrisis and the Future of the European Union. Sept. 21, Syracuse: NY.
- Jurek, Steven J. and Farida Jalalzai. 2012. “Executive Representation Worldwide: Indistinguishable Elite, Multifarious Masses.”International Journal of Diversity in Organizations, Communities, and Nations, Vol. 11, Issue 4, pp. 71-84
- James E. Campbell and Steve J. Jurek “The Decline of Competition and Change in Congressional Elections.” In The United States Congress: A Century of Change, edited by Sunil Ahuja and Robert Dewhirst (Ohio State University Press, Fall 2005).
- PLS 112: Introduction to Comparative Politics.
- PLS 305: Politics of European Integration.
- PLS 338: Global Issues.
- PLS 340: European Political Systems.
- PLS 346: Eastern European Politics.
- PLS 447: Russia in Transition