Main Page Content
Office Phone: (585) 395-5082
135 Holmes Hall
- 2002 - B.A., Psychology, The College of New Jersey
- 2005 - M.A., Experimental Psychology, Kent State University
- 2008 - Ph.D., Experimental Psychology, Kent State University
- Development of metacognition, an individual's reflective awareness of their own thinking and knowledge, in childhood. Specifically, children's overconfidence in their cognitive abilities.
- Lipko-Speed, A. R., Dunlosky, J., & Rawson, K.A. (in press). Does testing with feedback help grade-school children learn key concepts in science? Journal of Applied Research in Memory and Cognition.
- Lipko-Speed, A.R. (2013). Can young children be more accurate predictors of their recall performance? Journal of Experimental Child Psychology, 114, 357-363.
- Lipko, A.R., Dunlosky, J., Lipowski, S.L., & Merriman, W.E. (2012). Young children are not underconfident with practice: The benefit of ignoring a fallible memory heuristic. Journal of Cognition and Development, 13(2), 174-188.
- Dunlosky, J., Hartwig, M., Rawson, K.A., Lipko, A.R. (2011). Improving college students' evaluation of text learning using idea-unit standards. Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology, 64 (3), 467–484.
- Lipko, A.R., Dunlosky, J., Hartwig, M., Rawson, K.A., Swan, K., & Cook, D.L. (2009). Using standards to improve middle-school students’ accuracy at evaluating the quality of their recall. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Applied, 15, 307-318.
- Lipko, A.R., Dunlosky, J., & Merriman, W.E. (2009). Persistent overconfidence despite practice: The role of task experience in preschoolers’ recall predictions. Journal of Experimental Child Psychology, 103, 152-166.
- Merriman, W.E., Lipko, A.R., & Evey, J.A. (2008). How young children judge whether a word is one they know: A dual criterion account. Journal of Experimental Child Psychology, 101, 83-98.
- Merriman, W.E. & Lipko, A.R. (2008). A dual criterion account of the development of linguistic judgment in early childhood. Journal of Memory and Language, 58, 1012-1031.
- Dunlosky, J., & Lipko, A.R. (2007). Metacomprehension: A brief history and how to improve its accuracy. Current Directions in Psychological Science, 16(4), 228-232.
- 2011-2012 - Academic Advisement Award, The College at Brockport, University Wide Award
- 2010 - Pre-Tenure Grants Development Award ($2000) – The College of Brockport, Grants Development Office
- 2006-2007 - UUP Individual Development Grant, Reuter Fellowship in Developmental Science, Kent State University, Teaching Fellow, Graduate Assistant Orientation Program, Kent State University
- 2003-2005 -
- PSH 110 - Principles of Psychology
- PSH 384 - Child Psychology
- PSH 446/546 - Cognitive Development
- PSH 684 Developmental Psychology