Psi Chi is an affiliate of the American Psychological Association, founded in 1929, and a member of the Association of College Honor Societies.
Students of outstanding academic accomplishment and promise are selected to join the society.
Advantages of a Membership
- Ability to participate in Psi Chi events.
- A membership certificate and card which gives tangible evidence of membership.
- References provided throughout one's lifetime.
- Excellent experience for inclusion in a resume.
- A springboard for professional growth.
- Recognition of membership in Psi Chi by the United States government as meeting one requirement for entrance at the GS-7 level in the Federal Service.
For more information, please review the Psi Chi informational session brochure.
Undergraduate Student Requirement
- Be enrolled as a major or minor in a psychology program or a program psychological in nature.
- Have completed at least 3 semesters or equivalent of full-time college coursework.
- Have completed at least 9 semester credit hours or equivalent of psychology courses.
- Have earned a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Have a minimum 3.5 GPA average for psychology courses.
Undergraduate Transfer Student Requirement
- If the new institution transfers both credits and grades: follow the same requirements as the undergraduate student applicants, unless the chapter's bylaws4 specify more stringent academic requirements for transfer students.
- If the new institution transfers credits but not grades: complete at least 12 semester credit hours and 9 psychology credit hours or equivalent at the new institution, unless the chapter's bylaws4 specify additional requirements—check with your local chapter.
Transfer students who are already members of Psi Chi
- May select to contact the Psi Chi faculty advisor at the new institution to complete an online transfer of membership form.
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Jennifer Ratcliff
- President: Tyra Andrus
- Vice President: Korrine Minster
- Secretary: Cassandra Jannsen
- Diversity Officer: Julianna Testone
- Treasurer: Amanda Diaz
- Amanda Diaz (Former President)
- Peter Brand (Former Vice President)
- Cassandra Jannsen (Former Secretary)
- Julianna Testone (Former Treasurer)