The mission of the Master of Public Administration Program, College at Brockport, is to prepare future community leaders and managers.
The following goals support this mission:
- Department faculty members engage in research and public service to improve their capacity to support the mission of preparing students for future leadership and management.
- Our MPA program provides our diverse student body opportunities for professional networking prior to and after graduation.
- Through close student faculty interaction:
- Our MPA students graduate with an understanding of core public service values including the public interest, accountability, efficiency, inclusiveness, responsiveness, and integrity.
- Our MPA students graduate with an understanding of how to:
- Lead and manage in diverse organizational contexts;
- Participate and contribute to public policy in the student’s chosen emphasis;
- Make informed decisions;
- Articulate the public service concerns associated with the distribution of scarce resources; and
- Communicate productively in settings characterized by diversity.