A partnership of Monroe 2-Orleans BOCES, Brockport Central Schools, Hilton Central School District, and The College at Brockport
Main Page Content
The partnership is designed to address the shortage of substitute teachers and enhance the educational and employment opportunities for College at Brockport undergraduate and graduate students.
Apply for the Program
- Click on Job Opportunities under Quick Links on the left-hand side of the page.
- Click on Job Application to create an application and receive an Applicant Code. You can choose "Application A."
- Click on Job Opportunities (District Wide) to apply to the Teacher Immersion Fellows Program using your Applicant Code.
- If selected, attend the interview.
- If accepted by the program and agree to participate, you will need to attend an orientation and 4 professional development sessions throughout the semester.
- be enrolled at The College at Brockport.
- be available to work one (1) and five (5) days per week during a typical school day.
- complete an application to determine eligibility.
Participation in a range of educational opportunities benefiting aspiring teachers
including, but not limited to:
- substitute teaching which can be credited toward professional certification requirement
- observing effective teachers,
- working with students in small groups or one-on-one environments,
- developing relationships with students, staff and administration in a neighboring district,
- participating in staff development designed specifically for this program,
- participating in optional district staff development, and
- receiving a consistent work schedule with compensation.
Email Shannon Alvarado or call (585 )617-2664.