Online registration for SummerSession '20 begins Monday, March 23 at 6 am, is operational 24/7 during registration periods from Web Banner and you can register from any computer that is connected to the Internet.
Before You Register
- Holds: After signing in to Web Banner, check Student Services > Student Records > View Holds for any holds that may prevent you from registering. Only the office that placed the hold on your record can clear it. Please contact that office regarding the hold. If a hold is placed on your record after you have registered for courses, you must either come to the Office of Registration and Records or email a written request from your Brockport email address to make changes to your schedule.
- Have the Course Reference Number (CRN) for each course you are attempting to register for. You can use the Course Schedule to look up the CRNs.
- Permission Key Numbers are no longer available. Please see instructions below regarding overriding enrollment to a course.
How to register
- To register for courses using the online registration system, you will need to get the four digit Course Reference Number (CRN) for each course. Go to the Brockport Website and click Quick Links and then Course Schedule to look up the CRN's.
- Go to www.brockport.edu
- Click Quick Links button
- Click on Web Banner
Enter your Net ID and password.
First Time User?
- Enter your 6-digit birth date as your password in MMDDYY format (e.g. July 6, 1987=070687)
- Enter Old password (enter your birth date again)
- Enter New password (make up and enter a new six-character password - no hypens, dashes or slashes). For security purposes, we recommend that your password contain both letters and numbers. Please note that your password is case sensitive
- Re-enter New password (enter the password that you just created again)
- Security question (choose a question from the drop down menu and enter your answer. Your answer is case sensitive.
- Click on Student Services
- Click on Registration. If you have a hold on your records, you will receive a message stating that you cannot register at this time. You should contact the holding office and clear the hold before you can register. Go to the Brockport Website and click Quick Links and then Directory to find the phone number and location of the appropriate office.
- Select Term — Be sure to choose the appropriate term — Summer.
Enter CRN #s — Enter one CRN per box. Click Submit Changes. The course(s) that were successfully registered will appear with the Web Registered message. Those not successfully registered (scroll down) will appear as registration errors and the reason will be given in the status column to the left. You will need to obtain permission from the instructor of the course to override the error.
-First, the instructor for the course must enter the Permission Override in Web Banner
-Then, the student must register/Add the Course through Web Banner
To search for more courses, scroll down, click the Search for Classes button and select the appropriate search criteria. Click Class Search. Courses with that search criteria will list. Click in the box to the left of the CRN and click Register to directly register that course to your schedule or click the Add to Worksheet button to select courses from which to choose to build your schedule.
- Affirm Enrollment — VERY IMPORTANT STEP to prevent your courses from being removed!
- Click on the affirm your enrollment status link (scroll up) both the Accept and Submit buttons to lock in your course schedule.
- Click on the Exit link (top right corner).
- Close your browser to protect your privacy.
- If you have written permission and signature from a course instructor to register for a course, please bring that permission into or contact the Office of Registration and Records at firstname.lastname@example.org so that someone can help register you for the course.
Office of Registration and Records