Registration begins March 28. Course schedule viewable March 16.Close
Our SummerSession program is tailored to accommodate diverse schedules, with more than 250 undergraduate and graduate courses from mid-May to early August. Students can accelerate their degree program, catch up on prerequisites, or complete general education requirements.
SummerSession registration is available to current and former students who have registered for a Brockport course within the past two years.
New or Non-Brockport Students
This includes students:
- Registering as non-matriculated students to transfer credits to their home school
- Who have not registered for a course at SUNY Brockport within the past two years or have just graduated from the College
- Are not matriculated at SUNY Brockport and have not registered for a course at the College within the past two years.
New students need to complete the Undergraduate New Student Application or the Graduate New Student Application in order to register for SummerSession '22. Once the completed form has been submitted and processed, a student record will be created for you, which will allow you to register for SummerSession '22 courses.
|Monday, March 28||
Registration begins for all sessions.
Online registration begins a 6 am.
|Saturday, April 30||
Registrations that have not been affirmed online by students are removed. Students may re-register for their courses if space is available (late fees apply) by contacting the Office of Registration at registrar.@brockport.edu.
|Monday, May 16||First Day of Session I|
|Friday, May 27||Last Day of Session I|
|Tuesday, May 31||First Day of Session II|
|Monday, June 20||Juneteenth Holiday Observed, College Closed|
|Friday, July 1||Last Day of Session II|
|Tuesday, July 5||First Day of Session III|
|Friday, August 5||Last Day of Session III|
|Dates Vary||Special Sessions|
The following online course formats are offered during SummerSession ’22. The specific type of online format for a course can be found by clicking on the underlined Course Reference Number (CRN) on the online course schedule.
- 100% Asynchronous (ASY) Courses: Our 100% online courses are taken/completed via asynchronous course activities such as online readings, problem solving, and discussions using Blackboard.
- 100% Online, Combined (CMB) Courses: Our Online Combined courses are 100% online courses, and include a few mandatory synchronous (same time) meetings. Students need to be online in Blackboard (Live Chat — synchronous) throughout the term. There are no Face-to-Face requirements. The remaining course work will be completed via asynchronous course activities such as online readings, problem solving, and discussions using Blackboard. Many CMB courses require students to have a webcam for the specific synchronous Blackboard Collaborate meetings.
- Synchronous (SYN) Real Time Online Courses: Students in this section join a face-to-face class via remote technology (e.g., Live Video chat, Blackboard Collaborate, or Zoom), and will be required to attend all class meetings and complete all assignments and course work. Students must have access to a computer with an Internet connection, a remote camera, and audio capacity to participate in this course.
Special Summer Sessions
In addition to the standard summer Sessions I, II and III, there are Special Sessions with non-standard class schedules that vary throughout the summer. For all courses, look closely at the meeting dates and times. Course notes with specific details can be found online by clicking on the underlined Course Reference Number (CRN) on the online course schedule.