Main Page Content
Register for GEP 300 (TAPS), Fall 2018
- Mondays: 5:05 - 5:55 pm (CRN 5059)
- Tuesdays: 12:55 - 1:45 pm (CRN 4909)
- Tuesdays: 3:55 - 4:45 pm (CRN 6190)
- Wednesdays: 10:10 - 11 am (CRN 4910)
- Thursdays: 9:30 - 10:20 am (CRN 5376)
Transfer students with 24 or more credits* who are looking for an opportunity to earn an upper-division credit while becoming more familiar with The College at Brockport may register for GEP 300, Transfer Academic Planning Seminar (TAPS). The course is pass/fail.
The Goals of TAPS
- Provide regular contact with a faculty or staff member.
- Help student make best use of the faculty advisement system.
- Help student develop a supportive peer group.
- Help student navigate Blackboard, Banner and other College systems.
- Introduce student to the services available at the Career Services Office.
- Introduce student to the services available at the Student Learning Center.
- Help student understand how to use the College Library.
- Help student improve note taking, textbook reading and examination taking skills.
- Help student manage their time.
- Help student understand the Brockport General Education program.
- Help student understand career options.
- Inform student about drop/add, withdrawal and registration policies.
- Help student understand instructors' expectations.
*The College at Brockport requires students with fewer than 24 credits to participate in an extended orientation to college through a one-credit course called GEP100 Academic Planning Seminar (APS). Students who meet the less than 24 credit mark will be registered for APS automatically during freshmen registration.
Transfers Contact Us!
Phone: (585) 395-5397