Tau Sigma is an academic honor society designed specifically to "recognize and promote the academic excellence and involvement of transfer students."
Main Page Content
"I am very pleased that The College at Brockport, traditionally one of the most transfer-friendly colleges in the state, has established a chapter of Tau Sigma. I look forward to the upcoming induction ceremonies, which will recognize students for their outstanding academic achievements."
Objectives of the Beta Chi Chapter of Tau Sigma...
- recognize the outstanding academic achievement of transfer students
- provide motivation for the academic excellence of all incoming transfer students
- enhance the reputation of all transfer students
- provide a common bond among transfer students
- promote the involvement of transfer student in the college or university to which they transfer
- form a group of student who can help the college or university address and meet the needs of incoming transfer students
Qualifications for membership in Tau Sigma Chapter at The College at Brockport...
- 15 credits earned at The College at Brockport
- GPA 3.5 or higher
- One-time (lifetime) dues payment of $45
The charter members of Tau Sigma at The College at Brockport identified Operation International Children as an organization that would benefit from their support. Since 2009, members have been collecting school supplies which are then sent to US military troops stationed all over the world for disbursement to children in need.
If you are interested in helping
OIC School Supply Kit:
- One pair of blunt-end scissors
- One 12-inch ruler with metric markings
- 12 new pencils with erasers
- One small pencil sharpener
- One large eraser
- One box of colored pencils (Crayons melt in the Iraqi summer heat!)
- One package of notebook paper
- One composition book
- Three folders with inside pockets
- One zippered pencil bag
If you have any questions or would like to help please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfers Contact Us!
AOL Screen Name: bporttransfer