The College at Brockport offers courses in statistics across many different disciplines. Although all statistics courses cover many of the same topics, the context of examples as well as the emphasized approaches and software used can vary greatly from one statistics course to another. For this reason, we try and offer statistics tutoring that is specific to the course and instructor. To find out if/when tutoring for the statistics class you are taking is offered, please visit the appropriate discipline's tutoring page. Links to them are below for your convenience:
- For SOC 200, visit our Sociology Tutoring page
- For PSH 202, visit our Psychology Tutoring page
- For ECN 304, visit our Economics Tutoring page
- For MTH 243 and MTH 244, visit our Specific Math Courses Tutoring page
- For PRO 258, visit our Nursing Tutoring page
- For PBH 488, visit our Public Health Education page
You are also welcome to come to the SLC and seek a general math tutor for some help with statistics but you should check out our Math Tutors Bios page in order to find which math tutors can help with statistics and what hours these tutors hold.
Appointment Attendance Policy
When you make an appointment with a tutor, you have made a firm commitment to your academic development as well as to the tutor. The tutor schedules his/her day around the appointment and also makes the commitment to attend and to be punctual. Everyone’s time is valuable, so we expect that you will honor your appointments. Listed below are the attendance offenses and their penalties.
- Skipped appointment - 2 strikes
- More than 15 minutes late without notifying tutor or ASC staff. (Tutor is not required to wait beyond 15 minutes.) - 2 strikes
- Cancelling appointment less than an hour before the appointment - 2 strikes
- Cancelling less than 12 hours before the appointment - 1 strike
- No Penalty for cancelling 12 or more hours prior to appointment - 0 strikes
If you accumulate 3 strikes or more in a given semester, then you will lose your privilege to receive tutoring by appointment for the remainder of the semester. To cancel an appointment, you may call us at (585) 395-2293 (leave a message if no one answers). If you made the appointment through our website, then you may use the link provided from Genbook to cancel.
We encourage you to plan your time carefully and respect other's time as well. If you feel as though you need help with time management, then you may wish to attend one of our time management workshops or view our study skills DVD on time management.