The purpose of the Academic Success Center Outstanding Tutor Award Program is to recognize tutors whose work is exemplary and demonstrates a commitment to student success.
Each month ASC Tutoring will recognize the work of 3-5 outstanding tutors. Click here to nominate a tutor.
The following criteria will be used to select the tutors -
- A tutor who possesses an outstanding work ethic.
- A tutor who possesses excellent tutoring strategies, including the ability to explain course content, model problem-solving strategies and/or course-specific study strategies.
- A tutor who possesses excellent interpersonal communications skills.
- A tutor who goes above and beyond to assist students in terms of scheduling flexibility or adapting tutoring strategies to meet the needs of students with disabilities.
- A returning tutor who has worked at the ASC for several semesters and whose experience makes them the “go-to” person for that subject.
- A tutor who maintains communication with the professor of the class for whom they tutor.
- A tutor whose friendly, positive disposition enhances the work environment of the
Recent Outstanding Tutor Award Winners
Tyra Andrus - Psychology
Nolan Coble - Math
Andrew Gardner - Accounting
Sydney Gisondi - Spanish
Maisha Beard-Johnson - Writing
Amber Day - Math
Sequoya Fitzpatrick - Psychology
Kristen Kopunek - Psychology
Megan Wright - Spanish
Bailey Majtyka - Biology
Carli Stern - Chemistry
Sarah Tomasello - Nursing
Miho Yamada - Japanese
Stacey Baran - Writing
John Benicasco - Philosophy, Public Health, Psychology
Haaris Huzair - Biology
Shane Walters - Biology