Welcome to ASC Writing Tutoring Fall 2020
Please read the information below to determine which format of writing tutoring is best for you.
In-person Writing TutoringTo request an in-person writing tutoring appointment, please complete this form. An ASC Writing Tutoring staff member will review your request and schedule your in-person writing tutoring session in accordance with social distancing policy. If we are not able to accommodate your request, we will notify you and ask that you schedule a remote tutoring session on your own through EagleSUCCESS. See instructions below.
Remote Writing Tutoring: 3 Options
Please read carefully to select the option that is appropriate for you.
1. Synchronous (real time) Brockport Writing Tutoring
Synchronous remote writing tutoring is available online through TEAMS. You may schedule an appointment for a synchronous remote writing tutoring session through EagleSUCCESSfollowing the steps below. Review these TEAMS instructions prior to your appointment. Your tutor will reach out to you through TEAMS at the time of your scheduled appointment.
How to Schedule an Appointment
- Go to the SUNY Brockport home page and pull down the Quicklinks menu from the top righ hand side of the page. Choose Eagle Success.
- Log into EagleSUCCESS using your Brockport NetID and Password.
- Select "My Success Network".
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Show Other Services".
- Under ASC Writing Tutoring, select "Schedule".
- Please select the course and include a brief message about the writing assignment you would like to work on with your tutor.
- For History writing assignments, please schedule with a History Writing Tutor.
2. Synchronous (real time) STAR-NY Writing Tutoring
STAR-NY tutors are available on a first-come, first-served basis and are available
Sundays through Thursdays from 7:00-11:59 p.m.
Go to STAR-NY online tutoring, click "request a tutor" and login using your netID and password
3. Asynchronous Brockport Writing Tutoring
Asynchronous tutoring is reserved for distance learners and students who are not available for Brockport or STAR-NY synchronous tutoring. Asynchronous writing tutoring does not take place in real time. Instead, you submit notes, an outline, or a draft along with your questions to ASC Writing Tutoring, and a tutor responds through email. The tutor will respond to your questions, make margin comments, and send your materials back to you within 5 business days. You may request an asynchronous follow-up session after you have had a chance to revise in response to the tutor’s comments. Click here to request an Asynchronous Writing Tutoring Session.
Please remember that writing tutoring is an instructional process, not an editing service.