Experience the Nation’s Capital, learn from experts, intern & explore your career, earn credits, and build a network for your future!
The SUNY Washington Internship Program allows students to experience the excitement of our nation’s capital, an ideal location to experience direct involvement in politics and all other professional fields.
- Semester and summer programs are offered.
- Founded in 1967, now in its 53rd year, more than 4,000 students have participated in this elite internship program.
- The internship is open to junior, senior, and graduate students from colleges and universities around the world.
- More than one-third of our students receive a job offer either directly from their internship, or indirectly through networking opportunities.
Why this internship program?
- Experience how Washington works through hands-on learning at an organization in your chosen field.
- Our experiential learning program includes development of research and writing skills.
- Understand the relationship between academic knowledge and practical understanding of the political world.
- Learn about careers in your field of interest.
- Your internship experience in an office environment allows for development of professional skills and networking opportunities.
Phone: (202) 403-8507
Fax: (202) 403-8509
SUNY Brockport Washington Program
444 North Capitol Street NW, Suite 221
Washington, DC 20001
Robert Walter, Assistant (and Acting) Director
Phone: (202) 403-8508