Main Page Content
Thank You for Your Service
The College at Brockport encourages all past and present military service members and their families to either begin or continue their educational pursuits at The College at Brockport. We have been named a "Military Friendly School" by GI Jobs Magazine for several consecutive years due to our commitment to serving our military and veteran students, making it a great place to either start or continue your education!
Our on-campus Veterans Affairs Office is designed to assist veterans and their dependents with anything that may come up while they attend The College at Brockport. They can help students with a variety of services including:
- Requesting military transcripts
- Starting or continuing GI Bill benefits
- Identifying grants and scholarships
- Help with tuition assistance programs
- Payment deferrals
- And much more!
Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard veterans, Active-duty, Reserve, and National Guard service members are also eligible for a number of discounts and benefits at The College at Brockport including;
- Free parking
- Free academic tutoring and advising
- An on-campus resouce area
- Special recognition graduation honor cords
- Officer commissioning programs
- VA Work-Study opportunities
- Evaluation of military transcripts for academic credit
- Referrals to trusted veteran service providers and organizations
- Student veteran support group
- Mentoring and health counseling services
- Accommodations for students with physical, mental, emotional, or learning disabilities
To become a student at The College at Brockport, you must apply as either a first-time student or transfer student using either the SUNY Application or the Common Application and submit all necessary documentation. Veterans may be eligible to receive credit for their military training. To determine if credit can be awarded, please be sure to have a military transcript sent to the College for our review.
Please contact our veterans’ admissions specialist to find out more!
Brandon Nunnery, USMC – OIF Veteran
Veterans Admissions Specialist
The College at Brockport, State University of New York
350 New Campus Drive
Brockport, NY 14420