Readmission to the College is necessary for formerly matriculated students who have separated from the College because of an expired temporary academic leave, graduation, or academic dismissal. The readmission process must be completed for you to be matriculated.
Readmitted students are matriculated under the current catalog and are required to meet degree and program requirements in place at the time of readmission. The School of Business and Management has enacted a policy that courses completed more than 10 years prior to matriculation cannot be used to satisfy business degree requirements and must be repeated.
Special Types of Readmission
Readmission for Graduation Purposes
Students who wish to complete their degree requirements at another approved academic institution in order to finish their degree at SUNY Brockport must meet the following criteria:
- Students must have a 2.0 cumulative GPA or higher at SUNY Brockport.
- Applicants must be within 12 credits of completing their degree*.
- Degree requirements must be completed within one year.
- The decision to readmit must be approved by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and the Office of Registration and Records.
- Students in this category must not expect financial aid from SUNY Brockport.
* Readmitted students are readmitted under the current catalog and are required
to meet updated degree and program requirements at the time of readmission.
Readmission for Second Degree
Previously enrolled undergraduate students, who wish to return to SUNY Brockport to complete a second baccalaureate degree, need to submit the Second Degree Readmission Application and provide all necessary transcripts. For more information about earning a second degree, please visit the Second Degree webpage.
Readmission After Academic Dismissal
Students who have been academically dismissed from the College may apply for readmission at least two academic semesters following their dismissal. Students are strongly encouraged to take at least two academically transferable courses at another college, receiving a 2.5 or better, prior to readmission.
In addition to the Readmission Application, applicants must submit a personal statement addressing:
- What they have been doing since leaving the College
- Previous academic experience while at the College
- Factors that led to their dismissal
- Changes made to ensure their success if offered readmission
Please be aware that students can only be readmitted once following an academic dismissal.
How to Apply
If you would like to be readmitted to the College, please speak with an Undergraduate Admissions advisor prior to applying.
- When you are ready, you must submit a readmission application and the $50 application fee. You must also submit official transcripts from any colleges/universities you attended while separated from the College.
- If more than five years have lapsed since you last attended the College, you must re-submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities you attended prior to SUNY Brockport, along with the official transcripts from colleges attended since leaving the institution.
- A personal statement, résumé, or student biography is recommended for submission. If you were academically dismissed, you are required to write a statement (see information above).