College is like a journey. You pack your gear, set your course, and embark on voyages that take you to far horizons. Yet no matter how well-prepared you think you are, you will never be ready for all the unexpected, surprising, and exciting discoveries of college.
And, that's the fun part! At SUNY Brockport, you'll enjoy the thrill, surprise, and discovery of college, while feeling comfortable, secure, and at home.
The Applicant Review Process is Holistic
In making admissions decisions, we consider a number of factors:
- strength of your academic program
- course grades and high school average
- supplemental application information
- anything additional that you supply (letters of recommendation, résumé, portfolio, etc.)
Standardized test scores (SAT and/or ACT) are optional to submit. Additionally, our Merit-based Scholarships are test optional and Direct Entry Nursing program is test flexible. There are some exceptions, such as the 3+3 DPT Program with Upstate Medical University. Please reach out with any questions if students are interested in Nursing or the 3+3 DPT Program with SUNY Upstate.
We understand that academic curriculums may vary from school to school. However, most students who enter Brockport today have:
- the equivalent of an Advanced Regents Diploma
- 4 years of English
- 3 years or more of math, sciences, and social studies
- 3 years or more of a foreign language
- Additional electives as appropriate
- Some college-level course work, including Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), and college-affiliated programs such as Syracuse University Project Advance (SUPA)
- More information for home school students
We encourage you to work with your school counselor when preparing to apply to colleges. Brockport operates on a rolling admissions basis, which means we make decisions on applications as they become complete.