Financial Aid Required Forms

Main Page Content

How do I apply?

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the first step to determine eligibility for federal and state financial aid programs. You are encouraged to file your FAFSA electronically at

Instructions for filing the FAFSA on the Internet

What is a FSA ID?

The FSA ID is your identifier to let you access your personal information in various U.S. Department of Education systems and serves as your electronic signature.
To apply for your FSA ID, click here: FSA ID

When do I apply for aid?

The recommended deadline is January 1 to file the FAFSA.

Any supplemental forms requested by our office should be submitted by February 15. Student applicants meeting this deadline should have their financial aid package prior to the admissions deposit deadline or before summer school begins. Applications or forms filed after these deadlines will continue to be processed on a first-come, first-served basis until funds are exhausted. Get information on federal financial aid consequences for non-attendance of classes.

To Do List Deadlines
Obtain FSA ID January 1
File FAFSA/Express Tap Application January 1
Submit all requested documentation to the Financial Aid Office February 15
Accept/Decline all offered awards April 1
Pre-loan Counseling/Sign Master Promissory Note for Stafford Loans July 1
Student apply for Alternative loan with co-signer or parent apply for PLUS loan and do MPN August 1

New York State Application for the Tuition Assistance Program

If you are a New York state resident, you are eligible to file the TAP application if you listed a New York school on your FAFSA. The application link is available after you submit the FAFSA. If you miss the link, you may either go to the TAP on the Web or wait for the application to be mailed. The deadline for TAP is May 1 of the academic year for which aid is sought (Example: for 2017-18, application deadline is May 1, 2018).

Proof of High School Graduation Requirement

*Is required for all students wishing to receive federal or state financial aid.
*A final high school transcript showing date of graduation or a copy of a Graduate Equivalency Diploma (GED) must be sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions as soon as possible to facilitate the financial aid process.

Financial Aid Adjustments/Appeals (Professional Judgement)

The Financial Aid Office at The College at Brockport realizes that students and their families experience unforeseen circumstances and/or expenses during an academic year. Appeal forms for changes in family circumstances or reconsideration of dependency status may be found in the Financial Aid Forms Center.

Adjustment of Aid Due to Changes in Credits

Please click here for details on the adjustment of financial aid due to changes in credit hours.

The following links have detailed explanations:

Last Updated 2/28/19

Close mobile navigation