Main Page Content
Primary contact will likely occur with returning veterans in the offices of Undergraduate Admissions, Graduate Studies, Academic Advisement or Veteran Affairs.
- Students who had deferred admission and have exceeded one year without attending will be reviewed on a case by case basis. Those students who have served in the uniformed services will have the new HEOA regulations applied to them.
- Students, who were granted a Leave of Absence and have exceeded the approved leave time frame, will need to complete an appeal from when they return. Students will be reviewed on a case by case basis. HEOA guidelines will be applied to students returning after serving in the uniformed services. If the department is unable to comply due to their accreditation, alternatives will be offered on a case by case basis.
- The VA office will:
- Ask student if they have attended/ applied previously when meeting prospective veterans
- Add questions regarding past enrollment and application on their new student survey
- Past enrollment/applications will be checked at the time of certification
- Notify appropriate office when a student contacts them that may qualify under the HEOA regulation
Case by case reviews will be done by committee to be made up of representatives from the VA/FAO, Graduate Studies, Undergraduate Admissions, Student Accounts and Academic Advisement offices.
The VA/FAO will keep a record of the veterans who have been reviewed by the committee to ensure their VA benefits and Financial Aid cover the veterans’ current charges for tuition and fees.
In cases where the students VA benefits do not cover the current tuition and fees. The Office of Student Accounts will reset to the value they were when the student left The College at Brockport. This reset will occur for the duration of one year per HEOA. The Office of Student Accounts will be notified by the FAO/VA Office when this situation is required.