Golden Eagle Orientation — Your journey begins here!
In response to COVID-19, Golden Eagle Orientation will be offered online this summer. For information on SUNY Brockport’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit our information page.
Orientation is an exciting and important first step in your college journey! Although it may look different this summer, we are looking forward to connecting with you virtually and helping you to navigate this new experience.
Golden Eagle Orientation is designed to help you:
- Make connections with faculty, staff, students, and peers
- Understand academic requirements and expectations
- Identify campus resources
- Learn about campus involvement opportunities
- Understand important policies and procedures
First-year students were required to complete their online orientation by July 20. If you were recently admitted or have not yet completed your required orientation, please email email@example.com to request access.
During orientation, students will be provided an opportunity to:
- Sign up for virtual information sessions with campus departments
- Schedule a virtual meeting with an academic advisor
- Get connected with Orientation Leaders and other incoming students
- Request specific information about campus resources and involvement opportunities
If you have any questions or concerns regarding orientation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are pleased to offer online orientation for family members as well. This orientation includes relevant and specific information that family members will need in order to support their student through this transition.
It is very important that parents and family members do not complete their student’s orientation for them, as this is a key step in the college transition process.
Interested family members can click here to access online orientation!
The next several months are going to be full of excitement! We want to make sure you
have all the information you need to make this transition as smooth as possible. Be
sure to Visit Brockport Bound for a First-Year Student Checklist.
The orientation fee covers all expenses associated with your orientation experience, including online orientation, Welcome Week activities, first-year seminar related costs, and orientation events throughout the first semester. The $200 fee is placed on the student bill and cannot be waived.