Family & Guest Orientation
Registration for Summer 2019 is open now! Register here
Availability is first-come, first-serve.
- All guests need to register in advance. Space may not be available for walk-in guests.
- Please keep in mind when creating an account that the College will not have access to this information, so guests should write down their username and password.
- Family members and guests have a separate, concurrent program.
- Although family members and guests are welcome to attend orientation, their attendance is not required. Each year, approximately 50% of students bring a family member with them.
- Many parents who are going through the college process for the first time find the information provided at Orientation very helpful.
Family & Guest Program Cost
(program participation; includes light refreshments and program materials)
Optional Costs for Family & Guests:
- Lunch on Day 1 ($8.90 per person)
- Dinner on Day 1 ($20 per person)
- Breakfast on Day 2 ($7.30 per person)
Overnight On-campus Accommodations: $42/person - Townhomes
- This is the most cost-effective option if you are the only guest. Three or more guests should consider area lodging.
- The College does not provide linens, so please bring bedding and towels.
- The Townhomes are air-conditioned.
- TVs are not provided in the Townhomes
All guests need to register in advance. Optional meals and housing may not be available for walk-in guests.
Family & Guest Schedule
Please note: This schedule is subject to change. You will be provided with a detailed schedule when you arrive on day one.
Orientation Check-In & Lunch
9:30 am - Noon Check-In at McFarlane Hall*
*Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the program to allow time to check in.
11 am - 12:15 pm Lunch at Brockway Dining Hall (Purchase Lunch ticket during Registration)
*If you plan to purchase a lunch ticket, please arrive at least 60 minutes prior to the start of the program to allow time to eat.
10:30 - 11:30 am
- Campus Tour (Optional)
- Extraordinary & Honors Scholarship Recipient Orientation (by invitation)
*Session 1 Only: 11:30 am - 12:15 pm Honors College Orientation (Required for Honors Students—Lunch provided for students and their guests)
Golden Eagle Orientation Sessions
12:30 pm Opening Ceremony & Welcome
- Academic Expectations- A Faculty Perspective
- Supporting your Commuter or Residential Student
- Financial Aid & Student Accounts
- Community Standards & Safety
- Supporting Academic and Career Success
All Students—Intended Commuters or Residential—Stay Overnight in the Residence Hall
Breakfast at Brockway Dining Hall
Purchase Breakfast ticket during Registration
- Advice from current students and alumni
- Meal Plans, ID Cards, Easy Money, & More!
- Health & Wellness
- Information Fair
1 pm Check Out- Conclusion of Golden Eagle Orientation
Is your student looking for an on-campus job?
Encourage them to sign up for an Open Job Interview for Student positions in dining services with Brockport Auxiliary Service Corporation. Interviews will be scheduled on the second day of each orientation session. Two interview time blocks are available at 1:15-2:00 or 2:00-2:30pm. Sign up here