Main Page Content
All new students are required to attend First-Year Orientation. The Orientation Fee ($200) is used to offset expenses associated with the College's orientation activities for first-year students. It is assessed to all students who enter as first-year students and covers the cost of the summer orientation, “Last Chance Orientation” as well as course-related costs and orientation events during the first semester. Students who do not attend all orientation events are still assessed the fee. Transfers with less than 24 credits are assessed the $200 fee. The First-Year Orientation Fee cannot be waived.
Students in the Arthur O. Eve Opportunity for Higher Education Program attend a separate program and are not charged the fee.
Family and Guests
Family/Guest Program Registration: $30/person
(program participation; includes light refreshments and program materials)
Optional Costs for Family & Guests:
Lunch on Day 1 ($8.50 per person)
Dinner on Day 1 ($20 per person)
Breakfast on Day 2 ($6.95 per person)
Overnight Accommodations ($42 per person)
When and Where to Arrive
Check-in: 9:30 am and noon - Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the program to allow time to check in.
Location: McFarlane Hall (located on Residence Drive)
Parking: Available in lots P, Q and R (located across the street from McFarlane Hall)
Taking a flight, train, or bus?
Upon request, we will provide a free shuttle between the Rochester International Airport* and campus for orientation!
- Shuttle services are provided to guests who make arrangements prior to the day of their arrival.The shuttle is a first come, first serve basis.
- Call (585) 395-5397 at least five days before your orientation session to make arrangements for pick-up.
- The shuttle will pick you up at the Jet Blue ARRIVALS (downstairs, ground level) at 10:30 am and at the Bus/Train Station at 11 am on the first day of each session.
- The shuttle will leave campus by 1:15 pm on day two of each session, arriving at the airport by 2:15 pm and the Bus/Train Station by 2:45 pm. Please plan your travel accordingly.
*This shuttle only runs between the Airport, bus terminal, and campus during orientation sessions, and will not make any other stops.
What to Bring to Orientation
- Photo ID
- Comfortable shoes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Pillow and sheets (twin, extra long) or sleeping bag (we do not provide linens)
- Towels and toiletries (soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, hair dryer, etc.)
- A fan, if the weather is hot (our residence halls are not air conditioned)
- Alarm clock
- Change for the vending machines
- Money for souvenirs at the bookstore
Do Not Bring
- Outside friends
- Alcohol or drugs