Main Page Content
Program Cost - Students
The Freshman Orientation Fee ($200) is used to offset expenses associated with the College's orientation activities for freshmen. It is assessed to all students who enter as freshmen and covers the cost of the summer orientation, “Last Stop Orientation” as well as course-related costs and orientation events during the first semester. Students who do not attend all orientation events are still assessed the fee. Transfers with less than 24 credits are assessed the $200 freshman fee. The Freshman Orientation Fee cannot be waived.
Family members pay an additional fee, detailed below.
Students in the Arthur O. Eve Opportunity for Higher Education Program attend a separate program and are not charged the fee.
Program Cost - Parents and Guests
$45/person ..... Parent/Guest Program Registration (program participation; includes light refreshments, program materials, and dinner on Day 1)
$42/person ..... Overnight on-campus accommodations in our new townhomes (this is the most cost-effective option if you are the only guest. Three or more guests should consider area lodging).
Lunch on Day 1 and Breakfast on Day 2 can be purchased when you register or at the Dining Hall.
When and Where to Arrive
Check-in is between 9 am and 12 pm. All students and guests can check in at MacVicar Hall, located on Residence Drive.
Parking is available lots P, Q and R, located across the street from MacVicar Hall.
Taking a flight, train, or bus?
Upon request, we will provide a free shuttle between the Rochester International Airport* and campus for orientation!
- Shuttle services are provided to guests who make arrangements prior to the day of their arrival.The shuttle is a first come, first serve basis.
- Call (585) 395-5397 at least five days before your orientation session to make arrangements for pick-up.
- The shuttle will pick you up at the Jet Blue ARRIVALS (downstairs, ground level) at 10:30 am and at the Bus/Train Station at 11 am on the first day of each session.
- The shuttle will leave campus by 1 pm on day two of each session, arriving at the airport by 2 pm and the Bus/Train Station by 2:30 pm. Please plan your travel accordingly.
*This shuttle only runs between the Airport, bus terminal, and campus during orientation sessions, and will not make any other stops.
What to bring with you to Summer Orientation
- Comfortable shoes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Pillow and sheets (twin, extra long) or sleeping bag (we do not provide linens)
- Towels and toiletries (soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, hair dryer, etc.)
- A fan, if the weather is hot (our residence halls are not air conditioned)
Optional items to include
- Alarm clock (we do provide wake-up calls)
- Change for the vending machines
- Money for souvenirs at the bookstore
DO NOT Bring
- Outside friends
- Alcohol or drugs