Main Page Content
Family & Guest Registration is open now!
Availability is first come, first serve.
All guests need to register in advance. Space may not be available for walk-in guests.
- Please keep in mind when creating an account that the College will not have access to this information, so guests should write down their username and password.
Although family members and guests are welcome to attend orientation, their attendance is not required.
- Each year, approximately 50% of students bring a family member with them.
- Many parents who are going through the college process for the first time find the information provided at Orientation very helpful.
- Family members and guests have a separate, concurrent program.
Family & Guest Program Cost
(program participation; includes light refreshments and program materials)
Optional Costs for Family & Guests:
Lunch on Day 1 ($8.50 per person)
Dinner on Day 1 ($20 per person)
Breakfast on Day 2 ($6.95 per person)
Overnight On-campus Accommodations in our Townhomes: $42/person
- This is the most cost-effective option if you are the only guest. Three or more guests should consider area lodging.
- The College does not provide linens, so please bring bedding and towels.
- The Townhomes are air-conditioned.
All guests need to register in advance. Optional meals and housing may not be available for walk-in guests.
Golden Eagle Orientation Family & Guest Schedule
Please note: This schedule is not comprehensive—it is intended to give you an overview of our Family & Guest program and what to expect. The schedule is subject to change. You will be given a detailed schedule when you arrive on day one.
Orientation Check-In & Lunch
9:30 am - Noon Check-In at McFarlane Hall
Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the program to allow time to check in.
11 am - 12:15 pm Lunch at Brockway Dining Hall (Purchase Lunch ticket during Registration)
10:30 - 11:30 am Campus Tour (Optional)
10:30 - 11:30 am Information Session for First-Generation Students and Parents
10:30 - 11:30 am Extraordinary & Honors Scholarship Recipient Orientation (by invitation)
10:30 - 11:30 am Information Session for Military Service Members (by invitation)
*Session 1 Only: 11:30 am - 12:15 pm Honors College Orientation (Required for Honors Students- Lunch provided for students and their guests)
Golden Eagle Orientation Sessions
12:30 pm Opening Ceremony & Welcome
- Academic Expectations- A Faculty Perspective
- Supporting your Commuter or Residential Student
- Hear from current Brockport students!
- Community Standards & Safety
- Health & Wellness
- Informational Tables
- Come learn about Parking & Transportation, Title IX, Dining Services and more!
6 pm Dinner (Purchase Dinner ticket during Registration)
Join your student and Brockport Faculty and Staff for a great culinary experience provided by BASC Garnishes Catering. The dinner program will include information about our Better Community Statement, Summer Reading Program and advice for navigating the First Year of College.
7 pm Reception with Faculty and Staff
Optional: Overnight in our Townhomes (Make your overnight reservation during Registration)
Breakfast at Brockway Dining Hall
Purchase Breakfast ticket during Registration
- Advice from current students and alumni
- Financial Aid & Student Accounts
- Information Fair
- Supporting Your Students Academic Success
1 pm Check Out- Conclusion of Golden Eagle Orientation
1:30- 3:30 pm Dining Services Open Job Interviews for Students (Optional)
Brockport Auxiliary Service Corporation will be holding open interviews for student positions in dining services. Interviews will be scheduled for the afternoon of Day 2 from 1:30-3:30 pm and will be assigned on a first come, first serve basis. Interviews are 20 minutes long.